Sunday, June 7, 2009

Im just a donkey


Haha - so you may be wondering what I meant by the title of this blog. Well I have been learning a lot about humility this past week. I have a small story that has been stuck in my head this week and I want to share it with you.

Once upon a time, there was a young donkey. He was just minding his own business in his field when suddenly he was taken away. After a few hours, he was returned. He ran to his mother and started explaining everything that happened. "They took me far away and started walking me down the street. You wont believe what happened! People started yelling at me. They began to cheer and clap when I passed by them! People surrounded me and were waving palm branches at me. Men even laid down their coats on the street so that I wouldn't have to walk in the dirt. Mother! They were shouting Hosanna in the highest to me! Your son is finally famous!"

The mother donkey smirked and shook her head, she looked up at her son and said, "Son, I am sorry to tell you that those people weren't cheering for you. They weren't crying Hosanna in the highest for you. It was for the one you carried. The one you were carrying was the one who was being praised."

So many times we forget that rather than us deserving the glory, its the one we carry with us. Only Christ is worthy of the glory, and so many times I have stolen it away for myself. This idea of humility is something that is eye opening! I cant seem to wrap my mind around it! Its beautiful. I am seeing how we are all called to be humble and to lift high the name of Jesus while becoming less important ourselves.

John 3:30 - He must become Greater; I must become Less.

Philippians 2:5-8-

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!


With Love,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment