Friday, May 22, 2009

Life in the fast lane


So those of you who haven't heard, I recently went to Beijing. This means I left Hong Kong and took a 25 hour train ride up to the north. The distance between Hong Kong and Beijing is approximately 2,300 kilometers ( 1,409 miles. ) Anyways, to put that into your mind, imagine driving from Orlando Florida all the way to Montreal Canada. Yeah that's about how long the trip was. But I must say it was all worth it! Beijing is amazing! I mostly enjoyed hanging out with other Americans and getting to hear their stories and enjoy our time together. There was never a dull moment. From the Great wall, to the forbidden palace, all the way to the Beijing "African" safari, I had so much fun! (Ps. the safari was awesome - we sat in a caged vehicle and they threw live chickens outside the van and the lions attacked them.) My time there was amazing and I honestly hope to return soon.

Life back in the city has been more than interesting. I recently obtained my own office (converted closet) and am now sitting in my own office at my own computer semi-working / semi-fooling around. I am currently taking over 500 cassette tapes, recording them onto a computer, and then editing them and turning them into mp3's so people can put them on an Ipod. cool idea - boring work. I also went to campus today and met with two friends. I need you to pray that I hear clearly what Father wants me to do this summer here.

To end things, Tonight was amazing. Our worship leader (Tim Hughes - THAT'S RIGHT) was awesome! we are attending the Worship Central conference and it has been amazing! Father is really moving in the hearts of people through music, worship, scripture, and love. I can't wait to hang out with our friend Tim Hughes more and enjoy learning from the Word. (Ps. Tim Hughes = Here I am to Worship / Happy Day / Beautiful One and so many more)

With Love

Andrew

1 comment: